xade

Braaaains... BRAAAIIINNNSSSS... heh...

Monday, March 29, 2004

Up Yours, Limors...

ok. I'm gonna try putting on my 'Food critic extrodinaire' hat for a post.

I recently had he pleasure at dining at one of Melbourne most famous resturants, Limors. (Somewhere on Kooyong road...) Though the neon lighting seemed a little tacky, it suprisingly created a luxurious and comfortable feel. I was delighted to find that we would be waitered on for the duration of the evening by the owner himself. What I didn't like was that bit where the owner told my beautiful fiance', Jo, that 'The chef didn't feel like cooking the cheap fish ($30) but she could have the expensive one ($45) if she wants' and then proceeded to mock her at the other end of the table.

Appologies there... allow me to regain my composure... *breathe in...breathe out.* ok. still with me? lets continue.

Now I ordered the 'big bowl of meat' which apparently this place is known for. It is also know for serving sizes that are bigger than my baby... Now that did sound good. Really big servings, made it into the 'Cheap eats' category of some thing that I'm gonna take a guess at now and say was just made up, so you know, it might save some grace. Now, I could eat for a week on the prices that they charge. Seriously, cheap eats my ass. So anyways I want halfies with the guy sitting next to me in the afore mentioned 'Bowl of meat'.

Now I have to say, the big bowl of meat was alright. I definitly could have eaten the thing on my own though but at $45 bucks a pop, I'm not going near that. Jo, on the other hand, not feeling like assorted meat, instead chose the hommus dip with the bread. Now, I don't know... I haven't had a lot of experience with ordering hommus while I'm out, but I have made it a couple of times and I have bought it plenty of times in those little tubs that it comes in, and not one of those times however, has the hommus ever included 'Enough chilli to make it uneatable by everybody at the table'. Now, we are very civil people. This man will definitly get his comuppance.

And he did. It came in the form of 'The Bill'. Now, after the meal, several people our party decided enough was enough, through some money on the table and left. When it came time to pay the bill, turned out that we were severly undercharged and only needed to chip in a mere percentage of what we ate (or in Jo's case, played with)... We there wrote nasty notes on the tableclothe (disposable paper) and were on our way.

So all in all, I will give Limors 2 stars. I believe they need to work on both their culinary skills as well as their social skill. Great value for money though...

P.S: We got to use our saving to take our little girl to the Zoo, that was fun...
P.P.S: The owner of Limors is sleeping with Natasha. (Man, I hope someone who knows what I'm talking about reads this...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home