xade

Braaaains... BRAAAIIINNNSSSS... heh...

Friday, August 13, 2004

One night in Moscow.

Last night, I met the mysterious Nikolay. The arrangement was to meet on the corners of brunswick and Johnston streets, in a tiny pub with no name.

We idenitifed ourselves with a pre-determined gesture, the raising of a glass, and then we were talking.

Now, coming into this, I had a lot of preconceptions about this guy, mainly based on this comment over at Tripts house
You better watch yourself boy. If you really want to be invited to one of our barbeques it can be arranged.
lead me to lovingly refer to the guy as the crazy Ruskie. (Though never out loud where anybody would hear me...). But I am pleased to say that Nikolay was the nicest guy I've ever met. If I wasn't so taken... and hetero... and he wasn't working for some sus organisation... I so would have... If you know what I mean... ;)

But moving along. Conversation flowed, Neurocam came up, Yellow 1 came up. I noticed a couple of indescrepencies in what he said, namely that he hadn't heard of Tript? that one struck me as very odd considering the above comment... but moving along.

Apparently, he works for a division of Yellow 1. In true cloak and dagger style, the left hand of Yellow 1 doesn't know what the right hand is doing, so the was a lot of 'I don't know's or 'I can't tell you's. To be honest though, I don't know how much of it can be trusted though.

I think I did get out of it was a minidisk. The minidisk had a label with the name Dr [something I can't remember cause I'm at work and it's at home] Amed, and had a series of numbers along with the letters MDB. Nikolay seemed to insinuate that the disk contained information on the untimely disappearance of our friend Robert Henley. Sadly, I don't have a minidisk player, so until I find one, it's contents will remain a secret. (I'm chasing a couple of people, but any help on this would be great).

There was one other thing on the minidisk, under the label the was some writing that had been crossed out with a black marker. The first letter looked to be a P or an F and the last looked to be a 6. I tried to remove the top layer of marker and it started to come off. Thinking that Nikolay wouldn't have needed to cross it out if it could just be rubbed out, I put my back into it. Now it is gone :(.

Anyways. Back to Nikolay. We chatted. Had a drink or two. And then he was gone. My overall opinion of the guy was that he seemed alright. Still, he did let forth some conflicting stories, and I've been hearing some additional nasty pastyness on the grapevine which may or may no be made public soon... So I don't know. I don't think I will trust him (Not that I actually trust anybody associated with Neurocam). But having said that, if I met him in a dark alley, I don't think I would run. (Well, not straight away anyways...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home