xade

Braaaains... BRAAAIIINNNSSSS... heh...

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

For the geek in us all.

Scientists have found the limit on the speed data can be written to magnetic discs. I mean, sure it's always nice to know these things, completely irreivent, but nice none the less.

I mean, the limit is what, a thousand time faster than what we have, and to hear that quote at the end, one would think we will never get those speed in a regular hard disk. So it's gonna have to be new technology, and I would like to propose some kind of gel.

I don't care how it works, but it needs to have a gel. maybe a translucent fluro green colour. And lasers. And a holo-something or other. maybe they need to start thinking about storing data in light. Surely that idea has legs...

I does piss me off a little that our hard drives are so slow though... I mean, when I load something up, I want it to come up in .001 seconds, not 1. my second is valuable time that I'm never getting back. Damn you seagate...

Seagate Out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home