xade

Braaaains... BRAAAIIINNNSSSS... heh...

Friday, September 03, 2004

John 'The Joker' Howard.

Ha. I love it.
John Howard and the Joker - Who do you trust?

When I watched Tim Burton's 1989 seminal superhero film, Batman, a few weeks ago I gave pause to the scene where the Joker (Jack Nicholson) holds a parade down the middle of the main street in Gotham City. The parade has wonderful colours, music, energy and some giant animal balloons filled with poison gas. Whilst the Joker throws money by the handful of the population to get them onside before he poisons them, he shouts "Hubba hubba hubba - WHO DO YA TRUST?".

I commented to a friend of mine that I thought it would be funny to see John Howard do the same thing in his campaign.

So it was with amusement verging on disbelief that I watched the PM's press conference announcing the election, drawing the immediate comparison.

John "The Joker" Howard - Who do ya trust?

The Sneak
(oh, and watch out, the link tries to print...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home